Bad weather/ Navigation for small craft in Vlora is suspended
The bad weather during the last few hours has caused the suspension of fishing equipment in the city of Vlora, while the ships of international maritime transport will continue to operate normally.
Based on the forecast for the deteriorating hydrometeorological situation in the bay of Vlora and outside it during the dates 27-28 March 2023 starting at 09:00 on 27 March 2023 in the direction South-South-East and North-North-West in the force of up to 6bft with wind speed up to 15m/s, and wave height up to 2.50m inside the bay of Vlora and outside the bay of Vlora at the force of 6-7bft with wind speed up to 25m/s and wave height from 1.50 to 2.50 meters.
1. It has been prohibited to grant permission - departure during March 27-28, 2023 for all small vessels, fishing vessels operating outside the bay of Vlora and have been notified to take measures for their security.
2. Small watercraft and fishing vessels operating within the bay of Vlora should take into consideration the predicted deteriorating conditions and take measures for their safety.
3. The drivers of fishing vessels and small vessels have been notified of the worsened situation and of taking measures to secure the vessels in the berthed places and prevent events and situations during March 27-28, 2023.
4. International shipping vessels will continue to operate normally according to destinations.
5. The improvement of the deteriorated hydrometeorological situation in the bay of Vlora and outside it for small boats and fishing will be after March 28, 2023 at 12:00.