Venice adopts entrance fee: From 2024 ticket 5 euros
The measure will be valid 30 days a year to limit travelers and day tourists.
Mayor Luigi Brugnaro said the charge comes into effect from 2024 on a day between Easter and April 25. The municipal council has not yet decided the calendar of days.
Excluded from the measure:
- children under 14 years old
- residents in the Municipality of Venice
- students of any level and order of schools and universities located in the historic center or in the smaller islands of Venice
They are exempt from payment, but will need to reserve access:
- residents of the Veneto region
- who needs medical treatment
- those who participate in sports competitions
- Law enforcement officers on duty